- 1 Ozone Layer 1.1 Methods of Protection of the Ozone Layer 1.2 the importance of the ozone layer 1.3 How the erosion of the ozone layer and their damage
- 1.1 Methods of Protection of the Ozone Layer
- 1.2 the importance of the ozone layer
- 1.3 How the erosion of the ozone layer and their damage
The atmosphere of several layers to protect the surface of the Earth from dangerous radiation that life-threatening on the surface, ozone one of these classes, known as the natural gaseous envelope surrounding the Earth, and resides in the stratosphere, and is composed of three atoms link of oxygen under the influence of UV-related energy high thermal, gas is characterized by blue and pungent smell.
Ways to protect the ozone layer
- Careful planting trees and increasing green space, which increases the proportion of carbon dioxide conversion to oxygen, and return it to the atmosphere again.
- Reducing the emission of harmful compounds, such as chlorofluorocarbons and halons, which is more what hurts the ozone layer.
- Disposal of gases and air pollutants, such as fluorine, carbon, chlorine, bromine, which cause the occurrence of global warming.
- Reduce the use of pesticides and fresheners that are harmful to the ozone layer, and replace them with things that are less harmful.
- Continuous and periodic maintenance of the devices that are made from harmful elements and compounds.
- Buy refrigerators and coolers containing chemicals harmless.
- Avoiding the use of white packaging materials used in electronics packaging.
- Laws and strict provisions prevent the depletion of natural resources in any form, which hurt the atmospheric layers.
- Buy fire extinguishers that do not contain halons, or discharged for reasons other than useless.
The importance of the ozone layer
Prevent the ozone layer and the arrival of UV radiation to the Earth's surface, and reduce its focus, and is one of the most dangerous radiation on the human existence, where purifies this layer that radiation full images, though the event and arrived a few of them to the ground, they are not serious, but may cause a simple change in the code genetic for some species of living organisms.
How erosion of the ozone layer and their damage
Behind the erosion of the ozone layer largely due to the modern development of the massive carried out by man without taking into account the surrounding environment, scientists have discovered in the last century, a group of very inert, the most important chemical elements of halons and CFC, and is the principal of this erosion is why, when the reach of those vehicles to the layer The stratosphere begins atoms of chloride and bromide by UV radiation, and the dismantling of the gas and then begin the process of ozone.
The most important of the presence of damage to the hole in this layer reduced its ability to absorb ultraviolet radiation type (b) harmful, leading to force to the surface of the earth, and the threat of life on them, and the effects of this hole occurrence of the so-called global warming.
We regret it!
Successfully sent, thank you!