- 1 Vitamin D 1.1 the importance of vitamin D for the body 1.2 Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency 1.3 causes of vitamin D deficiency 1.4 Reasons for not absorb vitamin D
- 1.1 the importance of vitamin D for the body
- 1.2 Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency
- 1.3 causes of vitamin D deficiency
- 1.4 Reasons for not absorb vitamin D
Vitamin D is divided into ergocalciferol (D2) and cholecalciferol (d 3), known as the sunshine vitamin, where the body composition of vitamin D when exposed to the sun's ultraviolet rays, can also be obtained simple percentages of vitamin by some foods, such as cheese, milk and its derivatives , as well as some types of fish, eggs, and the body needs a daily dose of vitamin d, ranging from 300 to 400 international units, approximately five to ten micrograms.
The importance of vitamin D for the body
Is a vitamin essential to help the body absorb calcium elemental, and phosphorus, and the two most important elements for bones and teeth healthy growth, it occurs reminded through the transformation of provitamin D resulting from exposure to sunlight, to the material known as (Dai hydroxy vitamin D), which is responsible help the body absorb calcium and phosphorus.
Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency
Decrease vitamin D in the body leads to the injury of children's disease rickets, which causes bone deformity, as well as distortions in the teeth and jaws, and increase the likelihood Tsusha, while for adults occurs in the bone softening, especially in pregnant women and nursing mothers.
The causes of vitamin D deficiency
Usually the reason behind the lack of vitamin D in the body, is the lack of exposure sufficiently to sunlight, to stimulate the body to vitamin production, but if the person is exposed to sunlight in sufficient quantities, however, there is a lack of vitamin in the body, it is due to the presence of ill absorption or the body's inability to absorb the vitamin from foods.
Reasons for not absorb vitamin D
Are the absorption of vitamin D process in the body, in the intestines, and specifically in the small intestine, so any defect occurs in a minute, or intestinal inflammation injury, or any of the related diseases, bowel it hinders the absorption of vitamin D, in addition to the presence of other factors reduce the body's ability to it, namely:
- Advancing age, with less ability of the skin to form the main material for vitamin D.
- Excessive weight gain, which supports to the pool of vitamin D in fat, instead of the liver.
- Incidence of liver, kidney disease, which hinder the benefit of vitamin D.
- Malnutrition and lack of containment of diet foods that contain it.
- Taking epilepsy drugs covered with the disease, they hinder the intestinal absorption of vitamin D.
- Incidence of genetic diseases, such as: increased excretion of phosphate in the kidneys.
We regret it!
Successfully sent, thank you!