- 1 coma
- 2 causes of coma
- 3 diagnosis of coma
- 4 treatment of coma
- 5 Video How do you enter into a coma?
- 6 References
Can be defined coma (in English: Coma) as a medical condition in which the patient is unconscious for a long time, and it seems the patient in this case, if he slept deeply, but it does not respond to any environmental influences surrounding nor Toukza any external including triggers pain.  In fact, , coma period lasts usually several days or weeks, may extend for months and even for years, as the time spent by the patient depends in a coma state of the reason lies behind the entry in this case and the amount of the damage suffered, and we can say that the situation diagnosis depends largely on signs that can be observed on the patient, can also benefit from the statements of any person who was accompanied by the patient with regard to detail and events suffered by the injured before entering the coma, it contributes significantly to the diagnosis and determine the direct cause that led to it, and thus the proper identification of the patient treatment . 
The causes of coma
In fact, there are a number of health problems that may lead to the entry of a person in a coma, and some of them can be stated as follows: 
- Exposure to shock on the head: the head injuries may cause swelling of the brain or injury bleeding, leading to fluid pressure brain on the bones of the skull, as can this swelling creates pressure on the brain stem to the detriment of part of the brain called the device stimulatory network (in English: Reticular activating system), which is part responsible for vigilance and awareness; Enters the patient in a coma.
- Swelling of the tissues of the brain: can swell brain tissue for several reasons other than being a specific injury, lost due to lack of oxygen occurs in the brain, or lack of balance of electrolytes or hormones in the body.
- Exposure to bleeding in the brain: In fact, There are many reasons that underlie the occurrence of bleeding in the brain, it may occur as a result of high blood pressure, or a tumor in the brain, or as a result of the dilation of blood vessels in the brain, it causes swelling and pressure holding the affected side bleeding damage to trunked brain and the stimulatory networking, leading to the entry of the patient in a coma.
- Incidence of stroke: (English: Stroke); As the loss of blood supply to the main parts of the brain stem, or bleeding and swelling of the brain in the case of stroke; Leads to the entry of the injured in a coma.
- Lack of oxygen to the brain: can decrease occurs in the amount of oxygen that reaches the brain for various reasons, as cases cardiac arrest (in English: Cardiac arrest), which cause the occurrence of a sudden interruption in the blood supply to the brain, and thus break the arrival of oxygen to it, which is known as hypoxic (English: hypoxia), which may also occur as a result of drowning or suffocation.
- Infection: (English: Infection); The central nervous system may be exposed (in English: Central nervous system) infection, such as meningitis (in English: Meningitis), or inflammation of the brain (in English: Encephalitis), and may result from these infections enter the patient in a coma.
- The high proportion of poisons or toxins: and toxins (in English: Toxins); It is a material naturally found in the body, but there are some cases where these substances accumulate, in normal levels, go beyond the body; As a result of his inability to get rid of them, so, for example; High ammonia blood as a result of liver disease, or high carbon dioxide ratio of carbon due to the incidence of heart asthma is severe, or high urea ratio due to the incidence of kidney failure, can also lead toxins caused by eating large amounts of drugs and alcohol to hinder the work of the nerves in the the brain.
- Incidence of seizures or convulsions: (English: Seizures); Especially if the patient is suffering from status epilepticus (in English: Status epilepticus), and where the spasms occur continuously and repeatedly, which prevents the brain from recovery between seizures, which result in loss of consciousness and enter into a coma.
- The level of sugar in the blood disorder: as diabetic coma caused by very high may develop in blood sugar levels, can also cause severe drop in blood sugar levels to enter into a zombie state, too.
Diagnosis of coma
Can diagnose the patient's condition and come to the reasons that led to the entry in a coma, following some of the different procedures and methods, and which, among them the following: 
- Taking the medical history of the injured: they can inquire about satisfactory history of the injured and taking various information about it through witnesses, or his friends, or his family, or any person related to the patient, in order to find out how to enter the patient to coma, and what the symptoms suffered by the patient before entering in a coma, as well as to inquire about the suffering of the patient from certain diseases and use of certain medicines.
- Physical examination of the patient: This includes the test reactions reflected (in English: Reflexes) he has.
- Blood tests: which include; Test blood count mass (in English: Blood count), and examination of electrolytes and glucose levels, and examination of liver function, and other tests that are related to the presence of pharmaceutical substances or illegal drugs in the patient's blood, or which refers to being poisoned carbon monoxide.
- Examination of lumbar puncture: (English: Lumbar puncture); Which reveals the presence of infection or disorder of the central nervous system.
- Brain imaging: in order to detect whether the brain has suffered injury or harm, and examples of them; CT (Photo English: CT scan), or magnetic resonance imaging (English: Magnetic Resonance Imaging), or electroencephalography (in English: Electroencephalography).
- Glasgow Coma Scale: (English: Glasgow Coma Scale) and Acronym GCS; You can use this measure to assess the severity of the damage to the brain as a result of the patient's exposure to head injury.
Treatment of coma
Treatment depends in the event of injury coma primarily on the direct cause that led to the entry of the patient in this case, treatment may include some medical procedures, among them the following: 
- Examination of the airways of the patient and ensure the safety of blood circulation in the body, blood transfusion may be required to the injured, or provide the necessary procedures to help him to breathe, and other measures of health support.
- Provide the injured Balgluckoz and antibiotics intravenously even before conducting tests, in case the patient is suffering from a diabetic coma (in English: Diabetic coma), or in the event of suffering an infection affecting the brain tissue.
- Resorting to drugs or processes that help to relieve pressure on the brain caused by swelling, or give the patient medication necessary to treat the main cause of the coma and includes; Treatment of diabetes drugs, or treatment of liver diseases, drugs, or drugs that address the cases of excessive pharmacological doses, or medications to control the seizures.
Video how to enter into a coma?
Do you risk your mind day Q: How do you get a coma ?:
- ^ أ ب "Coma: Types, Causes, Treatments, Prognosis", www.webmd.com, Retrieved 18-11-2018. Edited.
- ^ أ ب "What you need to know about coma", www.medicalnewstoday.com, Retrieved 18-11-2018. Edited.
- ↑ "Coma", www.mayoclinic.org,12-9-2018، Retrieved 17-11-2018. Edited.
We regret it!
Successfully sent, thank you!